DS Smith trains staff to be waste experts
DS Smith Group PLC is a leading provider of corrugated and plastics packaging, supported by paper and recycling operations. The company operates across 25 countries and employs around 21,500 people. DS Smith's business operates on three core principles; Perpetual Devotion, Closed Loop Recycling and the Power of Less.
- DS Smith is committed to ensuring its people understand the core themes associated with the industry they work in.
- It wanted to train staff on the key issues but also on recycling and waste management strategies.
- A cost-effective phased roll-out was required so that learning and improvement knowledge could be disseminated internally.
- We are providing DS Smith employees with a uniquely catered and comprehensive training programme, focussed around the use of our accredited Waste Expert product.
- The core aim of the programme is to help staff understand why zero waste, the waste hierarchy and the circular economy are important to DS Smith as a company.
- The programme is also designed to help staff add further value to the services provided to customers.
- A much more time, cost effective and sustainable way to train staff.
- Subscription service means that learning is continuous, rather than a one-off training impact.
- A fully accredited process and a standard you can trust as Cloud Sustainability tools are exclusively accredited.
"Cloud Sustainability’s Waste Expert and Academy platform provides the perfect learning model for us to enhance the knowledge, and professionalism, of people at all levels in the organisation. A perfect ‘it does what it says on the box’ solution, that was flexible enough to be tailored to suit our brand values and L&D needs." Tim Price, Marketing Director, DS Smith